We're now open! Local Government restrictions applyFind out more
Why Our Pub is Great
The Pine Marten in East Lothian has the warmth and character of a pub, and the kind of food you’d expect to find in a restaurant. We also offer modern ensuite lodge accommodation. Stay with us and discover historic Dunbar, a major fortress in the Middle Ages, and the birthplace of pioneering conservationist John Muir. Non-residents are welcome to join us for breakfast as well.
There’s a meal for everyone on our comprehensive menu. Get creative and craft your own sharer platter by mixing and matching starters. Whet your appetite for the main event: rotisserie chicken. Our chickens are Red Tractor farm assured, and roasted right in front of our customers every day. The smell alone is divine. The crispy skin coupled with succulent meat is sublime. Rotisserie chicken is the bedrock of the menu, but we offer plenty of alternatives. Classic mains are perfect for those days when you crave a hearty meal but there’s more to us than meat; vegetarians will also find plenty of choice on our menu.
Our Pub Facilities
Rapid Electric Vehicle Charging
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About Our Food
Dishes are always freshly prepared using quality ingredients; like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken, our responsibly-fished cod and haddock and the langoustine tails in our golden Whitby scampi that are fished in UK waters.
Book a table for a special occasion, or call in for a week day treat. Our pub is suitable for every occasion when you can be sure you’ll have the best pies, burgers, steaks and curries as well as our signature rotisserie chicken on offer. You’ll also find exclusive dishes created by our chefs in our annual Chef of the Year competition.View our Menus